Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

WE-ARE-THE-FRIENDS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* WE-ARE-THE-FRIENDS > Topics

Subject: **qUoTes PoSt** :-)
Replies: 141 Views: 2221
6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

divakar3 21.03.14 - 03:56am
Historically, Hollywood comedy has arrived in skinnyenvelopes. From fence post BusterKeaton to herky-jerky Jerry Lewisto wiry nerve-bundle Woody Allen to hung-loose Richard Pryor to whippy contortionist JimCarrey, its comicsand clowns havetended to be sliced thin and bendable. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 03:56am
You need fighters like me to battle, because frankly The New York Times and the Washington Postare not going to fight the fights that I do. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 03:57am
Newspapers thatare truly independent, like The Washington Post, can still aggressively investigate anyone or anything with noholds barred. *

I love food. I mean, I really love food. I take pictures of my finest, funniest and most fascinating dishes, post them on Twitter,and send them to friends. I treatmenus like classic literature,refusing to skip even one word. Iread the description of every item, regardless of whether or not I'm interested in eating it. *

I mean, they call it Stockholm Syndrome and post traumatic stress disorder. And, you know, I had no free will. I had virtually nofree will until I was separated from them for about two weeks. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 03:59am
There was a timein the 1930s when magazine writers could actually make a good living. 'The Saturday EveningPost' and 'Collier's' both had three storiesin each issue. These were usually entertaining, andpeople really went for them. But then television came along, and now of course, information technology...the new way of killing time. *

Post 9/11, so much has changed in New York that it does not give you thathomely feeling which it did before. *

The cholera had broken out at the post, and five or six men were dying daily. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:00am
The internet wassupposed to make this whole business of job searching rational and simple. You could post your resume and companies would search them and they'd find you. It doesn't seem to work that way. There aren't enough jobs for experienced, college educatedmanagers and professionals. *

If you are interested enough in the climate crisis to read this post, you probably know that 2 degrees Centigrade of warming (or 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) is the widely acknowledged threshold fordangerous climate change. *

Men and women who have servedin harm's way experience higher rates of divorce and suicide. Many battle the debilitating effects and stigma associated with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. *

I find that I have about six bloggable ideas a day. I also find that writing twice as long a post doesn't increase communication, it usually decreases it. Andfinally, I found that people get antsy if there areunread posts in their queue. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:01am
My mom doesn't post on Facebook, but she'll tell anyone within about thefirst five minutesof meeting themabout my sister and I, in whatever way she can. *

I'm not specifically attached to anything other than trying to, inmy personal life, fight against where I see rightwing thinking. Whether it be around my dinner table or on the street or somebody reading the NewYork Post. *

Before you, I engage myself toserve my countrywith the devotion and theexemplary that this post demands. I understand responsibilities of the job and, assuch, I give a republican saluteto Nicolas Sarkozy who hasled France for 5 years and who deserves all of our respect. *

I think the editorial page of the Washington Post is the best in the country. I think the editorials - considering it's aliberal town, liberal constituency andfrom the liberal tradition - I thinkit's the best editorial page around. It's quitebalanced. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:02am
The biggest rap on me is that I don't find a Watergate every couple of years. Well, Watergate was unique. It's not something Carl Bernstein, I, or the Washington Postcaused. *

I have gone on the air and announced my telephone number at the Washington Post. I go into the night, talkingto people, looking for things. The greatdreaded thing every reporter lives with is what you don't know. The source you didn'tgo to. The phone call you didn't return. *

At a time when the Post Office islosing substantial revenue from the instantaneous flow of information by email and on theInternet, slowingmail service is a recipe for disaster. *

Comment threads are the new therapy for people. They justgo and post the worst things they can think ofbecause they feelbad, and then other people start attacking them, and then they attack back. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:03am
My sense is that, when you look at what people such as former Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein have said over the years, you don't go with a story unless you have two independentsources to confirm it. *

I've been saying in the press that being a NY Post investigator reporter is an oxymoron. *

Now I have to have the biggest P.O. box in the entire post officeto get all the manuscripts coming in. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:04am
I got a pair of red, synthetic satin women's pants through the post the other day with a phone number on. That was quite strange. I haven't tried the phone number. In times of stressI may. *

I think you're kind of seeing the real me as far as seeing what I post on social media, because I am very much into cooking, and my dogs, and obviously my son, and my lifestyle in Santa Cruz is very laid-back. *

In last year's local elections in Manchester a third of those who voted did so by post. It's not just that people are choosing to get postal votes, but having one makes it much more likely that they'll vote. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:05am
Just as characteristic, perhaps, is the intellectual interdependencecreated through the developmentof the modern media of communication: post, telegraph, telephone, and popular press. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:08am
Have you ever been to Glens Falls? The city limits signs are on the same post. *

We have for too long put vast oil and natural gas reserves off limits to exploration and production, as The Washington Post editorial stated this week. *

This morning in the Washington Post there was a statistic about how 85% of Americans are Christians. *

I can't remembera time when my mom didn't work. She has forever been on the move: a go-getter. When my brother Adel and I had a paper route as kids, my mom would get up before us at the crack of dawn todrop off the Washington Postat different corners. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:09am
High and low culture come together in all Post Modern art, and American poetry is not excluded from this. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:10am
If you subscribe to any online service, whether it be AOL, Google,Yahoo, or the Huffington Post, have you noticedthat you are forced to watch a seemingly endless ad before the video story appears about a news item that caught your eye? AOL and the Huffington Post are especially annoying. *

Our investments in data, Internet and international have been particularly timely and have positioned the company to post industry-leading incremental revenue gains. *

As we're bombarded withthe imagery that we are and now,post 9-11, it's hard not to get hardened by the world and the amount of violence that's allowed to be shown to kids these days. *

I have no objection to well-written romance, but I'd read enough of it to know that that's not what I had written. I also knew that ifit was sold as romance I'd never be reviewed by the 'New York Times'or any other literarily respectable newspaper - which is basically true, although the 'Washington Post' did get round to me eventually. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:11am
At first I was a little leery to justpost photos of my little girl all the time and kind of exploit her to the world. *

The bicycle is a former child's toy that has nowbeen elevated to icon status because, presumably, it can move the human form from pillar to post without damage to the environment. *

I got as much information as I could, so I wouldn't look stupid, but this isa post 9/11 world and there's only so much you can dowith the FBI in terms of research. *

When I gave birth to my fourth child, I suffered from post partum hemorrhaging. I almost lost my life. I was lucky to be under the care of trained health care personnel. I started wondering then what was happening to women in rural villages. *

I don't film messages. I let the post office take care of those. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:12am
Ever since I've become chairman, there have been profiles of me in People, George, The Washington Post, The Detroit News, and all of them could have been written by the same person. *

I think the Huffington Post has been inventive and presents what it aggregates well. *

Growing up, we didn't have anything. My mum wasn't well, so I was in three care homes then foster homes before me and my little brother went back to her. I was passedfrom pillar to post. *

If you write a blog post, you'vegot something tosay; you're not just creating words and synonyms. We'd like the computers to actually pick up on that semanticmeaning. *

divakar3 21.03.14 - 04:13am
As we've grown 'The Daily Muse' and met contactswho want to collaborate with us, knowing who does what has helped us be clear on who wewant our partners to connect with - and makes us look buttoned up, too. SEO firm? Talk to our COO. An editor from the 'Huffington Post?' Meet our Editor-in-Chief. *

I would go on the iTunes chart and see the hottest songs, then I'd cover them. People would go on YouTube and search for those songs. That's how I got my views. I'd post two or three songs a week. *

I remember my mom had a big collection of copies of Saturday EveningPost magazines, and that was really my introduction to those great illustrators. *

I admired Eugene McCarthy's courage and although I left his Senate staff after four years to accept a job as the researcheron the editorial page of the 'Washington Post,' I remainedan admirer. *

When I started inthe press there were really ink-stained wretches. Not everybody went to college. Now, everybody at theNew York Times and the Washington Postand Salon and Slate, most of them have Ivy League educations. *

6-<< 2-< 1-> 7->>

* WE-ARE-THE-FRIENDS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* WE-ARE-THE-FRIENDS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search